FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Accessing Tax Statements
- Are Home Base/Bright Start fees eligible for tax credit?
- Can I get copies of old Home Base/Bright Start billing statements for my Flex Reimbursement Plan?
- Can my Bright Start child ride the bus to and from school?
- Can parents volunteer in the Bright Start classroom?
- How can I cancel my Home Base/Bright Start contract?
- How do I change my school-year Home Base/Bright Start schedule?
- How will Bright Start teachers communicate with me regarding my child’s progress?
- Is Bright Start a licensed child care program?
- Is Bright Start an accredited program?
- Is fee assistance available for Home Base/Bright Start?
- Is there a summer Bright Start program?
- Is there Home Base/Bright Start on days when there isn't school?
- My child is toilet trained. Will s/he receive assistance in the bathroom if needed?
- What if my child is sick and cannot attend Home Base or Bright Start?
- What is the difference between a Home Base Consistent Schedule and a Drop-In Schedule?
- What is your security system regarding parent/child pick-up?
- Why does the summer Home Base program close 2 weeks before the new school year starts?
- Will Bright Start be in session on Non-School days?
- Will Bright Start children have access to the school library and be able to check out books?
- Will my Bright Start child be interacting with children from the Home Base program?
- Will my Bright Start child be taking fieldtrips outside of school?
- Will my child need preschool screening before attending Bright Start?
- Will the Bright Start children take naps?
- Log into your Community Education account.
- While viewing the Dashboard, select the tab for the program for which you wish to print a Tax Statement.
- Select the Download Tax Information button
- To return to the Dashboard or the Manage Account tabs, select the Your Profile link at the bottom of the page
The Download button is visible until April. After that, you can access previous tax statements by selecting the Manage Account option.
- Refer to MN Income Tax Fact Sheet 8, K-12 Education Subtraction and Credit at www.taxes.state.mn.us
- Contact your personal accountant.
Yes.You can access and print invoices through your on-line child care account.
No.District transportation will NOT be provided for Bright Start children.
Parents/Guardians are welcome to visit the classroom at any time.(Contact site staff for information.)
Watch for communications regarding specific volunteer opportunities.
You will find a “withdraw your contract” option in your on-line child care account.Contract cancellations require a 10 business day notice.If no notice is given, two weeks of tuition will be charged.
Most schedule changes can be requested on-line within your child care account.All schedule changes require a 10 business day notice.Adding days to your child’s schedule can only be done if there is availability at the Home Base site your child attends.There is a $10 schedule change fee, per child, for each schedule change.
- Lesson plans will be posted and site newsletters will communicate general information.
- Conferences will be held in the fall and spring.This will be an opportunity for you to ask questions and learn more about your child’s social and emotional growth and development.
Home Base and Bright Start are not licensed programs.Child care programs are not required to be licensed by the Department of Human Services if they:
1.Serve children 33 months or older and
2.Are located in and associated with a Public School District.
Yes.Home Base and Bright Start are both accredited programs.
Temporary emergency fee assistance is available for qualifying Home Base/Bright Start families.Ongoing fee assistance is available for qualifying parents through Hennepin County programs (612-348-5937).Please contact the Home Base Manager for more information (763-745-5212).
- No.Children who are four years old begin the Bright Start Program when school starts in September.
- They can continue with Home Base the following summer, as the Home Base program serves children the summer before they enter kindergarten.
We offer full-day coverage for current Home Base/Bright Start families on specific days when school is not in session.Non-School day coverage is optional and you must register for the non-school dates you want your child to attend.Approximately 3 weeks prior to non-school dates, you will be notified that registration is open.Non-school day registration is done on-line through your child care account.Enrollment is limited and children will be accepted in the order the registrations are received.If a non-school day registration is accepted, it cannot be cancelled.
We expect children to be toilet trained, but assistance will be provided if needed.
Parents are required to provide a change of clothing in case of accidents.
Please contact your Home Base/Bright Start site if your child will not be attending Home Base on a scheduled day. If the site needs to contact you to locate your child, you will be charged a $10 finders fee. There is no credit for absences.
Consistent Schedule: requires your child’s contract to have regular/consistent days and times each week.An example of a Consistent Schedule would be:Monday, Wednesday and Friday after school.These are the days/times we will expect your child every week.If you occasionally need your child to attend an extra morning or afternoon you can also register for drop-in days by logging into your child care account on-line.You must register for drop-in days 4 days in advance.Drop-in days are accepted based on site availability.
Drop-In Schedule:If you don’t have a regular schedule for your child, you may want to register your child for a Drop-In Schedule.You can register for drop-in days on-line through your child care account.You must register for drop-in days at least 4 days prior to the date you want your child to attend.Drop-in days are not guaranteed, they are accepted based on site availability.
A parent or guardian must walk their child into the Home Base/Bright Start room and sign their child into the program every morning and sign out every afternoon.If you give someone else permission to drop off/pick up your child, you must notify the site and the authorized person must bring a form of identification with them.
The school district utilizes that time for deep cleaning, building maintenance, staff training & school year set-up.
Children enrolled in Bright Start have the option of enrolling in Home Base on Non-School days.
Children enrolled in Bright Start located in school buildings will have access to the school media center.
Opportunities may be provided for interactions with school-age children enrolled in the Home Base accredited child care program, as well as participating in building activities when appropriate.
Bright Start will include special events, classroom guests, speakers and fieldtrips.
You will be notified prior to all trips and only buses will be used to transport students.
Preschool screening is required for participation in Bright Start.The ideal prescreening age is between 3 and 3 ½ years old.
In the Wayzata Public School District, call 763-745-5255 to schedule a preschool screening.
Our day will include a 30 minute quiet time each day after lunch.Children may nap longer, if needed.
Still have questions?
Feel free to contact us with what's on your mind.