Junior Engineering: Theme Parks
Classes - Youth / STEM -
Youth Classes Summer 2021
Have a blast using LEGO® Techics® Engineering Kits to explore the world of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics in a team-based environment.
We will be exploring new engineering principles such as gears, wheels, levers, and pulleys during each session. Then we will build working theme park rides and machines that reinforce concepts learned. After each building project, students will customize, share, compete in challenges, and enjoy experimenting with their creations.
Possible models include Catapult Games, Crazy Floors, Merry-Go-Rounds, Go-Karts, Moving Clowns, Popcorn Carts, and more.
Wayzata Community Ed is committed to offering safe, fun, and educational classes and activities. In order to maintain the health and safety of staff and students during the coronavirus pandemic, we ask that all participants follow our safety guidelines as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Minnesota Department of Health. Please view our full Health and Safety Plan for more details.
- Everyone must wear a mask at all times inside the building.
- Conduct a health screening at home, before coming to class. If you have a fever or cold/flu symptoms please stay home.
- Hand sanitizer is available at the front entrance. Please sanitize your hands as you enter the building.
- Maintain 6 ft. of distance from others at all times.
- Class sizes will be limited to allow for social distancing in all classrooms.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols will be implemented to ensure a safe experience for all.